Do you have a skin care routine? Or, do you just prefer to fall asleep each night and not worry too much about what is on your skin? You may not think too much about your skin care routine, but the truth is you should. Your skin is one of the largest organs your body has, and it works hard every day to protect our bodies from harmful elements. Taking care of your skin and developing a skin care routine is important, because it can help this organ do its job better and longer. If you still aren’t convinced that a skin care routine is important, take a look below at 7 reasons why your skin care routine is important and something worth paying attention and time to.
Our skin changes every day, every minute
Your skin cells are changing all the time. The skin sheds it’s cells every day, every minute. That means that taking care of your skin is not something you do ‘now and then’, but on a daily basis. Implementing a skin routine should, therefore, be something you want to do – if you don’t have that already. How would that look?
– Cleanse: You can use a cleanser product, or simply use water as a lot of dermatologist prescribe. Products make sense for people with extra sensitive skin.
– Toner: Many dermatologists see this as optional, but for people with not overly dry or sensitive skin it could help tremendously. A toner will remove all leftover residue after cleansing. Try to see if this works for you.
– Moisturize: Your skin loses moisture throughout the day. For the skin to be able to ‘repair’ itself and at the same time look healthy, moisture is needed. Try different products based on your skin type to see what works best for you.
– Check: As your skin is the largest organ, it also poses some risks. When you spot moles or skin spots that worry you, always check them early. You can use the SkinVision app to self-check and get an instant risk indication for skin cancer signs.
The future is now
How your skin will look in ten or twenty years, depends on the way you care for it now. When we age, the skin will start to show signs of that as well. That means wrinkles, lines, and other things you might not look forward to. So make sure to take good care, but also to not use skin care products that might do more bad than good. Use products that are made for your skin type, and never use anything too aggressive. Find someone that can give you good personal advice.
7 REASONS WHY YOUR SKIN CARE ROUTINE IS IMPORTANT
1. Our skin sheds itself daily – You may think your skin is healthy today, but did you know your skin cells shed just about every minute of every day? This means the healthy skin you have today will be shedding tomorrow, so if you don’t care for it now you could lose it to dull, less than perfect skin. Isn’t that a great reason to develop a daily skin care routine? A detoxifying charcoal mask is a great way to remove the dead skin and keep your skin glowing.
2. All skin types are different – Perhaps you have a friend who doesn’t have a skin care routine and her skin looks great. Well that is great for her, but did you know that all skin types are different? Because of this, your skin may require more care than the next persons. For this reason a daily skin care routine is important. We love that Lemongrass Spa offers a customizable skincare kit that is best suited for your skin type and needs.
3. Beautiful skin is a lifelong process – If you want gorgeous skin 30 years from now, the choices you make today will help that happen. Beautiful skin is a lifelong process, and developing a daily skin care routine today can help you keep beautiful skin for the future. At the same time, negative skin care routines now can harm your skin for the future.
4. Prevention is easier – Preventing potential skin problems now is easier than trying to fix skin issues in the future. Taking the time to involve yourself in a skin care routine daily takes less time than having to see dermatologists or address skin issues as a result of neglect down the line.
5. A skin care routine saves you money – When you take care of your skin health, you avoid issues down the line that can be costly. If you don’t want to deal with acne scars, deep wrinkles, skin discoloration, or other skin issues, a skin care routine now can prevent trips to a dermatologist or plastic surgeon in the future to address these issues.
6. When you look good you feel good – Having clean and clear skin can help boost your confidence and keep you looking your best! Your face is the first part of you others see when they meet you, so go forward with your best face forward. A daily skin care routine can help you do exactly this.
7. A skin care routine can help establish other healthy routines – Add a skin care routine to your other healthy living routines so you can develop better health habits all around. This can include oral care routines as well as hair and scalp routines. Do them all together so you can look and feel great!
Are you convinced now to give your skin care routine a second look? There is no time like the present to develop a skin care routine that works for you and can keep your skin looking and feeling amazing for years to come!